Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Marker love (Copic and Spectrum)


I've spoken about my small collection of markers before, and now I thought I would show them to you alongside some recent work I created using markers. The other weekend I made this little chart to show the colours one they have dried as the colours do look different when wet and the number of layers you add will also affect the colour. 
I use copic fine liners and spectrum colour markers. I have no specific reason for using these brands for either they are just what I have been given as gifts. I would recommend the spectrum markers especially if you have never worked in this medium before, as they are quite a cheaper alternative to the copic sets. In total I have three boxes of Spectrum marker pens, Lights, Pastels and Darks, each set costs around £20 and there are 24 markers in each box.



I first found out about this type of medium by seeing work on various websites usually anime themed topics. I then went on to buy a couple of small sets of 5 copics in manga sets from Amazon - Link here. These were great starter kits as the colours had been hand picked and could blend really well together. However I found I needed a wider shade range, and this brought to my attention the Spectrum Noir marker sets.


For help and tips on how to use this medium I searched Youtube - Link here - and found loads of videos showing the basics and helpful techniques.

Here are some of my most recent spectrum/copic pieces of work:



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment