Monday, October 07, 2013

Customising

The other day I bought a couple of plain black plimsolls shoes to customise. I see loads in the shops that are just like these but with a couple of items sewn on the front so why not make my own for a fraction of the price? 

These plimsolls are from Asda and cost £6.00.



I already had a small collection of buttons to choose from.


All that was needed is a ribbon, scissors, thread, needle, buttons.
 Optional : A helper.


Below is an image of me stitching my ribbon into the shape of a bow. 


There you have it, the finished shoes. The designs I went for were a simple red bow stitched to the side, and a selection of three buttons. I love my customised shoes, they are both styles I would have bought from a shop but I love them more because I made them myself.



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment